Monday, September 20, 2010

Twitter to Grow Your Business

"Turn Strangers into Friends.
Turn Friends into Customers.
And then... do the most important job:
Turn your customers into salespeople."

- Seth Godin

I just finished reading Seth Godin's book "Small is the New Big (and 183 riffs, rants, and remarkable business ideas)". It is a great book & one that I will be reading multiple times and putting on my "to buy" list.

I read the quote above and immediately thought of Twitter! You may know a few friends on Twitter, but most of your Twitter community are strangers. You get to know these people and you become friends - you share and bond over common experiences.

Then, they take a look at your link or business items or products you have been tweeting and become your customers because you have established a relationship and they feel they know you and trust you.

Then, once they are a most satisfied customer they then become your salespeople and spokespersons. When I put a new product online and tweet about it - my customers, I mean my salesteam tweets about it to their communities.

Twitter is the most amazing social media vehicle out there right now and THE most powerful for business. It takes time, effort, and energy and doing it right and paying it forward - but it is well worth it !

No comments:

Post a Comment